Any stroke that glides over the skin without attempting to move the muscle beneath.
Apply firm even pressure. Effleurage strokes are usually directed toward the heart.
● Is used more than any other stroke
● Usually begins and ends each treatment
● Used as a bridge between many strokes
● Accustoms the patient to the touch of the operator
● Allows the operator to search for areas of spasms and soreness
● Allows the operator to become familiar with the condition of the patient's muscles
● Increases circulation to the skin and more superficial muscles
Contoh Effleurage - Bahagian Belakang